How do I enter the pension in the tax return?

Pension payments must be entered in Annex R of your tax return:
You must enter the following pension payments on the front of the form:
1. payments from the GRV
2. pensions from occupational pension schemes
3. private Rürup pension
4. pensions from agricultural pension funds
5. pensions from private pension insurance and other private pensions.

On the other hand, you must enter these payments on the reverse side:
Riester pension
Company pension from pension funds, pension funds and direct insurances
Supplementary pension from the public service

The associated income-related expenses must also be entered on the reverse side, separated according to pension type.
As a civil servant, you use the front of Annex N for your pension payments:
Civil servant pension
Private company pension
Company pension, which represents wages

Our experts are familiar with the tax-implications of most investments available and can also inform you about other tax-deductibles that you could take advantage of.

You can simulate those investments in our mobile app alongside inflation and interest rates.

Learn more about our app

We regularly help our clients optimizing their investments for tax-efficiency.

Get in touch with our experts to review your options.

Similar Questions

What percentage of the pension is taxed?

Since 2005, pensions in the Federal Republic of Germany have been partially taxable. The amount of the taxable portion depends on ...

How is a foreign pension taxed in Germany?

Foreign pension payments must also be taxed in Germany according to the world income principle. In concrete terms, this means that...

How much is the pension taxed?

Pensions in Germany have been partially taxed since 2005. The amount of this portion depends on the year of retirement. Those who ...

Ready to get started?

Download our app and start gaining insight into your current and future finances.